A great way for kids to enjoy their summer break is attending camp activities and games. In Summer camps, children can engage in various types of leisure and educational activities. The benefits of summer camp include:
* supports healthy child development, both physical and mental
* encourages kids to discover and develop what they like to do
* bolster academic enrichment and socialization, as well as build self-confidence
* provides an excellent opportunity to develop leadership, problem-solving and social skills
* allows making new friends
Overall, summer camps offer an enjoyable, fun experience! Many children also learn skills and enjoy activities that often they continue to engage in after returning home.
Every summer, several children attend summer camps throughout the UAE; there are many to choose from, including these…
* E-Sports Multi-Activity Camps (for children aged 4-14) offers plenty of fun activities drawn up by the camp director at various venues across Dubai. For details and price, email email@example.com, or phone +971 4 2824540 for bookings.
* Activ3 Holiday Camp has a mix of exciting activities and sports (e.g., trampolining, mini golf, diving, swimming, bowling and football) to offer children from July 5 to August 27. The camp is open to five to 16-year-olds. Call 04 348 3869 for details. A single day of camp activity in Dubai will cost Dh350.
* Aqua Babies Summer Programme (price Dh350) – A learn-to-swim program, which is open for ages three to 18 months, and 19 to 36 months. It runs from June 28 to September 3. Another summer swimming programme of Hamilton Aquatics offers the Learn to Swim Program for 3 years old and over for the same price (Dh350). The Squads Summer Programme (Dh350), specifically for 7-9 year olds, has nine different levels to allow children to develop new skills and boost their swimming confidence. For details, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 04 450 8832.
* ZSC Kids Holiday Camp has a full day program filled with activities supervised by experienced professionals (bowling, ice skating, billiards, table tennis) and entertainment (games, movies, arts and crafts) during the summer, from 5 July until 27 August. The cost is Dh900 per week. Pre-registration is essential! To learn more email email@example.com or call 02 403 4222. The Ice Skating Fun Camp at Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi from July 12 to 16 (last session) offers kids the chance to learn to skate. Each session’s cost Dh 650 and includes instruction, snack, skates and safety gear to use while on the ice. To register or for more information, visit www.zsc.ae or phone 02 403 4333.
* Al Ain Zoo Summer Camp is held in the Sheikh Zayed Desert Learning Centre that offers a great opportunity for children to learn about UAE conservation, including recycling, and nature. Children will also learn about animals and plants, as well as engage in traditional UAE arts and crafts such as palm weaving, local pottery and producing date products. It is a program that is suitable for those that want to have contact with the natural world. At camp, children are encouraged to partake in eco-science and nature-based programs, while appreciating wildlife. Registration ends July 23. Duration: Group 1 (2nd – 6th August) Group 2 (9th- 13th August). Time: 8:00am to 1:00pm. Age: 8 – 14 years. Price: Dh500. Contact info: 800ZOO – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are only a few simple ways to keep your child engaged during summer break. As one can see, there are plenty of summer camp choices for children of any age. Many camps offer a perfect environment to help children develop self-awareness, while engaging in “real world” fun activities to stimulate growth and learning with staff providing nature, sports or arts and crafts instruction. Campers will have the time to participate in playtime (sports, games, swimming, and more).
Summer Camp is also a remarkable way to get kids to build skills, friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.