Unsure where to go for New Year’s Eve? Why not celebrate 2017 in Dubai? The emirate is sure to offer an unforgettable experience. Travelers have made it a top global destination for New Year’s Eve (NYE) festivities thanks to the exclusive parties and the fireworks taking place throughout the Emirate that account for a magical atmosphere.
In 2014, the UAE had broken the world-record for the largest and longest fireworks display, so the crowd is sure to be in for another treat with multiple fireworks displays to light up the night across the city skyline.
Dubai New Year’s Eve fireworks are a treat especially at Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab and The Beach, JBR.
Downtown Dubai is the place to be this New Year’s. Just bear in mind that no-one can celebrate New Year’s Eve with champagne as the emirate has a zero-tolerance policy towards drinking in the street or in a public space; however, alcohol is permitted and only served in hotel restaurants, bars and pubs; many will be hosting special events or activities at the New Year’s Eve.
Here are a few New Year’s Eve parties organized in Dubai. Some offerings also include a range of accommodations to cater to any visitor’s needs:
- The Atlantis Palm Dubai NYE is a great place to see the magnificent fireworks display that lights up the iconic hotel and the skyline of The Palm Jumeirah; it is also an ideal place to welcome the new year because of its many restaurants, bars and clubs with a multitude of options to welcome the New Year. Customers can opt to be part of the ‘New Year’s Eve Royal Gala’ held by the beach this year with a front row seat for the fireworks while having dinner and enjoying live entertainment throughout the night.
- Ritz-Carlton JBR, The Walk, Dubai NYE will be hosting a ‘Winter Fairytale Gala’ complete with snowflakes and pine trees; the evening will include an open bar, live entertainment, refreshments at midnight and a privileged view of the fireworks over the Palm.
- Meydan Hotel NYE Party Swedish duo Axwell and Ingrosso. The venue is sure to attract music fans with their signature EDM beats, and because this is a known hotspot that has the best view of the world-renowned Burj Khalifa NYE fireworks.
- Barasti on NYE Party Dutch DJ and producer Laidback Luke. A great venue for the music and to observe fireworks along The Beach, JBR.
- The Pool Bar and Lounge, Sofitel Downtown Dubai Back2Basics NYE Party James Zabiela. The venue is sure to attract electronic music lovers at the pool deck with amazing views of the Burj Khalifa fireworks.
With these and many more events planned for the 2016 New Year’s Celebrations in Dubai, everyone can find a favorite spot to welcome the New Year. The offer is as diverse and intriguing as that proposed during Christmas. The UAE Government has announced recently that Sunday, January 1, 2017, is an official holiday for all workers, so there is no excuse not to enjoy the festivities a little bit longer.