In the picture:
Model: Nicola de Corato
Makeup: Mary Samele
Costume: Mr.Ben Closet Costume
Location: Comi Con 2013 DIMC, Mina Seyahi, with Sally (Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas)
Middle East Film and Comic Con, the first and largest popular culture festival in the region is set to take place on On April 3rd to 5th 2014 at the Dubai World Trade Center.
Whatever gets your entertainment molecules jumping and wheter you’re a fan, or just want a fantastic day of fun, creativity and excitement make sure you don’t miss one of the most talked about events in town.
Become your favourite character with the costume, sfx and make-up artist Mary Samele & Mr. Ben
Contact Us to book your costume & make-up in advance +971 50 117 94 74
- Meet celebrities for autographs and photos
- Buy exclusive merchandise and loads of cool stuff
- Get custom sketches and autographs from international artist
- Watch classic sci-fi, anime and superhero movies
- Compete in the GameZone and try out the latest video game releases
- Take part in art, costume and gaming competitions
- Learn in our creative workshops and panel discussions
- Almost 100 regional artists, writers and entrepreneurs
- Over 40 exhibitors from the world’s leading entertainment brand
Jack Sparrow…. ehm… Captain Jack Sparrow is a fictional character and the protagonist of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies portrayed by Johnny Depp and cosplayed by Nico de Corato, owner and founder of DubaiBlog at che Comi Con 2013 in Dubai, with the makeup of Mary Samele and the costume of Mr. Ben Costume Closet. Pirates of the Caribbean film series has been created by screenwriters Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio.
Who’s going to come for ComiCon 2014?
DubaiBlog is official media partner of Middle East Film & Comic Con 2014 Dubai, promoting news and sharing on the social network all the main happenings of this edition. We will be also there.
Middle East Film & Comic Con 2014 Dubai will be back in 2014 at the Dubai World Trade Centre
The move to the new venue is a big step and will give the Con room to grow indefinitely though and we’ve still got the outdoor plaza area for our festival area including all the great F&B and the madness of the main stage!
There will be the double the indoor space and so we’re less at the mercy of the weather but above all there are thousands of nearby parking spaces and it’s right on the Dubai metro, just in front of Dubai World Trade Center metro station.
Check back here soon for more details on dates and guests and for a Sponsorship or Exhibitors Pack email: email@example.com
Before you even get to Middle East Film & Comic Con 2014 Dubai we suggest:
- You buy tickets ahead of time to guarantee attendance
- Check deadlines on registration for events or competitions so that you don’t miss out on your favourite activities
- Stop at an ATM before you arrive at the Con to avoid long queues at the event as there’s going to be some awesome merchandise for sale and a lot of exhibitors won’t have credit card or debit card facilities
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, you’ll be standing, walking and jumping for joy a lot!
- If you have a power hungry phone, carry a battery extender – empty power sockets may not be available and bring a spare battery or memory card for your camera.
- Plan what you will be doing before arriving and have a back up plan so that you aren’t dissapointed.
- If you’ve purchased your ticket in advance make sure you complete the contact details slip. This needs to be completed before you can enter and if you do it in advance we’ll avoid having a crazy queue!
At the Con
- Bring a backpack for all the awesome merchandise you plan on buying and freebies you’ll be collecting – but remember you are wearing it when you turn around!
- Remember food and drink do not mix well with comics and artwork – if you damage the goods, you may be required to purchase them.
- Be healthy – have some healthy snacks and drinks. It will energize you throughout the day.
- Don’t lose your badge or pass – it is your key to everything.
- A Con is a place to meet likeminded people and we guarantee that you’ll make lot’s of new friends! Be respectful of other cultures and above all HAVE FUN!