Holidays are a great time for shopping and for vendors to showcase their products. Dubai is offering plenty of opportunities for both buyers and sellers to make the most of the season. This was the case at the recent annual Dubai Winter Festival held at the World Trade Centre transformed into a wintery Christmas wonderland from the 8th to the 10th December, 2016. It was a retail powerhouse, with 100-plus market stalls that allowed many to start or finish their holiday shopping; many of the stalls even offered free gifts.
Did you miss the Winter Festival? No worries! There are still festive markets scheduled to take place during the rest of month. It’s time to discover some of those places offering seasonal shopping to find gifts for you or someone special. Last-minute shoppers have plenty of available markets going on in these weeks with live music and carol singing plus children entertainment zones, as well as gift stalls with homemade crafts for sale, cooking stations serving traditional festive treats, and lots more (Gulf News).
Here are a few Christmas Markets in Dubai:
- Al Habtoor City – Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai. Cost: Free. Entry Dates: December 7 to December 31. Timings: Weekdays 5pm to 9pm; Weekends 3pm to 9pm. The St. Regis Dubai, W Dubai – Al Habtoor City and The Westin Dubai, Al Habtoor City come together for a festive market. It features Christmas goods, handmade items, crafts, and more.
- Raffles Dubai is set to have an outdoor Christmas market. Cost: Free. Date: December 16. There are to be Christmas market stalls and gingerbread houses serving holiday sweets.
- Fort Island, Madinat Jumeirah, the Arabian Resort of Dubai has a festive market going on. Cost: Free. Entry Dates: December 17 to 27. Timings: 3pm to 1am on weekdays, and 12pm to 1am on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Kids will be attracted to areas to include a North Pole train, an ice rink, Santa’s grotto, bouncy castle and a reindeer rodeo.
Christmas shopping is in full swing with such festive markets held across the emirate, so jump right into the holiday spirit. But what if you prefer shopping without the kids?
Parents have plenty of winter camps available that are perfect for young children from 3 months to 5 or 6 years old to enjoy this festive season, like…
- Winter Camp at Vernus Early Learning Center between 18th to 29th December. Activities include educational activities in a fun and engaging environment, plus a Winter Olympics event.
- Winter Camp at Odyssey Nursery from 18th to 29th December where there are plenty of seasonal fun activities and a winter wonderland for playtime on an artificial ice rink and snow; plus your children will enjoy a day with Santa. (Source: expatwoman.com ~ Festive Winter Camps in Dubai 2016/2017)
These are only a few of the best winter camps in Dubai for the kids offering families the chance to do their festive shopping or take a holiday break while the little ones enjoy their time at one of these sites.