It’s October, and Halloween is just around the corner! Already there are stores stocking decorations, candies and costumes for this festivity, which takes place on the 31st of October; activities will be available up to the day for those interested in celebrating the Halloween festivities.
There are many community extravaganza events that are haunting Dubai and the whole UAE for kids of all ages and adults too; many will be able to attend costume parties happening in the neighborhoods or in nightclubs / hotels; others will elect to stay home and create their own Spooktacular Halloween Party, giving away free candy for the Halloween trick-or-treaters.
Keep reading to discover more of the Halloween events. You’ll soon feel the ghostly and ghoulish spirits of the many Spookfest activities.
Halloween-themed assemblies for kids will often offer activities including playing games while listening to spooky tunes and being served nonalcoholic mysterious punch and acquire sweet treats too.
As for thrilling Halloween occasions for adults, well the grown-ups have the option to attend a series of nightmarish disco parties at various locations across the emirates with live entertainment and horror-themed mixed drinks. Because this festivity is not just for kids, there are Halloween costume parties for adults who dress up and get into the spooky spirit. These events will make some grown-ups feel like a kid all over again.
Halloween celebrations will take place at many venues, so take your pick on where you want to go. Many are hosting special Halloween-themed costume competitions for adults and kids who will have a chance to win prizes.
Several venues will be serving complimentary food and beverages with Halloween-inspired treats and/or snacks while others will have a Halloween-themed brunch for a small fee.
Here are some family-friendly Halloween parties happening in Dubai:
- Kids HQ Halloween Costume Party on 27th October 2016. Cost: AED 100 per child (http://www.kidshq.ae/halloween)
- Halloween at Kidville Jumeirah on 28th October 2016. Cost: AED 100 (http://www.kidville.com/jumeirah)
- Kidz Palooza Halloween Party on 30th & 31st October 2016. Cost: AED 110 (http://www.kidzpalooza.ae/)
There will be also a Halloween Party at Kids Connection… Friday, October 28, 2016. Two separate events: 11am-2pm for the Toddlers Party (age from 2 to 5 years) and 5pm -8pm for the Kids Party (age from 6 to 9 years). Register today. AED100 per child. The price includes a meal, treats, game, arts and craft activities, music, and more. Call Kids Connection for reservation at 04 3279011; each party requires an early reservation and it’s a first come first serve. Kids are expected to dress in Halloween-themed attire for the occasion.
Otherwise, Mini Monsters in Dubai is a fun place for the entire family to book a party room for kids Halloween parties and hold theme-based activities.
Alternatively, families may choose to host a Halloween party at home with their little ones and friends. This may be the perfect place for the whole family to enjoy the holiday and create a scene with homemade decorations, place Halloween music and sound effects, serve typical party food, and engage in fun and games too.
Halloween Activities for Kids include:
- Playing trivia games about monsters / villains / skeletons/ ghosts and witches as well as other scary character facts
- Making Halloween-themed crafts
- Taking selfies at photo booths
- Collect goodies from indoor/outdoor trick-or-treating
- Listening to scary music
- Watching horror flicks/movies
- Listening to haunted stories. Perhaps learn more about the legend of Um Al Duwais (mother of all frights) from UAE’s popular folklore
- Visiting haunted houses or places with haunted hallways, spooky sensory stations encountering all kinds of spooky characters makes the unbelievable become real. It’s all about having fun and get scared all at the same time.
Families can take part in…
- Making/carving Jack-o-lanterns; opt in decorated pumpkin competitions
- Costume contests with prizes going to the spookiest or best dressed outfits
- Baking spooky, tacky and goofy deserts and/or create Halloween-themed decor
With so many hosted Halloween events in Dubai to choose from, there are many options to get in the fun. Regardless of where you go, Halloween in the UAE is always a scarily classy affair. Apparently, it’s going to be quite Spooktacular this year. So, prepare by getting your costume to attend one of these exciting events. Dress to scare and have a freakishly good time.