Legoland Dubai Resort (located at Jebel Ali, Dubai, UAE) is on track to be completed this month; it will feature several parks under one umbrella, tells The National.
This is where the family fun begins! The parks are set to open their gates to the public on October 31, 2016, says Merlin Entertainments, which will be running the park on a day-to-day basis under contract. Tickets are now on sale! Visit dubaiparksandresorts.com.
What to expect. As many as 100 unforgettable rides, attractions and experiences! Expect to find rollercoasters, cinematic rides, multisensory theatres, live shows, water slides, a wave pool, and more.
The newly established destination will be comprised of three distinct theme parks — Bollywood Parks Dubai, Motiongate Dubai, and Legoland Dubai—plus feature a Legoland Water Park; all will open for visitors on the same day.
Venue Attraction Info:
- Motiongate™ Dubai, a Hollywood movie inspired theme park concept;
- LEGOLAND® Dubai, the first LEGOLAND® theme park in the Middle East with over 60 interactive, themed rides, shows, building experiences and attractions for kids and their families to enjoy together
- LEGOLAND® Water Park has over 20 water slides; is designed specifically for kids aged 2-12.
- Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, a first-of-its-kind entertainment destination that will showcase an exciting Bollywood movie experience with live shows;
- LEGO Factory – The place to see how LEGO bricks are made; shop at the store too for Lego constructions.
- LEGO CITY – An area in which children can fly a plane, steer Lego-themed boats. What’s more, they can drive small electric cars made to look like Lego vehicles around a small road network, after which they gain a mock driving license.
Other areas constructed and worth exploring include Riverland Dubai which is a combined retail, dining, and entertainment area; in addition, the grand entrance plaza and the Lapita Hotel that is a Polynesian-themed family resort is among the sites worth discovering.
- Dubai Parks and Resorts (DPR) will become the Middle East’s largest multi-themed leisure and entertainment destination. Is located between the Dubai (63 km) and Abu Dhabi (68 km) international airports, strategically located midway on Sheikh Zayed Road, opposite Palm Jebel Ali.
- The AED 10.5 billion DPR development is spread across 25 million square feet of land.
- An estimated 6.7 million ticketed visits are projected for 2017, the first full year of operation.
This project is a major development as part of a chain of Lego-themed children’s/family theme parks, explains in Gulf News Meraas Holding that is the master developer of the multibillion-dirham project.
Why go? The site with various attractions will offer the best in dining, shopping and entertainment.
The attractions are split into various areas containing separate play zones (built out of Lego bricks) that are suitable for younger children. The exact set of rides and attractions varies between parks.
The megaprojects of Dubai Parks & Resorts expects to prove very successful under the internationally recognized Legoland brand and is supposed to widen the tourism market of Dubai and help the emirate attract vacationists and local families with kids. Operators of the park look forward to offering their guests an experience they’ll never forget. So, come on out for “a world of fun and adventure unlike any other,” says the Dubai Parks and Resorts marketing department.
With the opening of the largest entertainment destination in the region, Dubai Parks and Resorts will create jobs there too; so stay tuned for employment openings coming soon at http://careers.dubaiparksandresorts.com/. Also visit http://dprauditions.com/.