The Air Canada enRoute magazine, in its ‘Where to travel in 2016’ article states that Dubai is one of feistiest holiday locations this year, with shopping and entertainment offerings for Christmas and New year’s that are really attracting visitors. The piece also mentions Dubai is amongst the 2016’s top six ‘hottest destinations’.
Dubai is a preferred destination among global travelers. The city has been also a popular location to reside among expats, although the ‘cost of living’ is now the number one worry for residents. However, those who stay choose to do so because of the tax-free lifestyle and the opportunities given by a vibrant city.
Dubai’s range of iconic landmarks, attractions and events already holds great appeal for many that come to visit.
Seven (to name a few) hotspots in Dubai include…
- Burj Khalifa – the famous skyscraper in Dubai. It is the tallest man-made structure in the world, as of today, at 828m. Its observation tower offers breathtaking skyline views and a 360-degree view of the city, desert and ocean. Be sure to get a ticket to its open-air observatory on level 124 to venture in the open-air terrace and enjoy another perspective of Dubai.
- The Palm Jumeriah – is considered one of the elite holiday spots in Dubai city.
- Burj al Arab – This “seven star” hotel is a tourist attraction in itself with an eye-catching design, and its position on the beaches of Jumeirah, the number one beach destination for Dubai visitors.
- Jumeirah Mosque – a must-see, as it is considered by many to be the most beautiful of Dubai’s mosques. It presents a fine example of Islamic architecture.
- Atlantis – Aquaventure Waterpark – a fun family site to enjoy water roller coaster rides and various slides that sits right next to the Atlantis Resort at the Palm Jumeirah Beach area.
- Dubai Mall Aquarium & Underwater Zoo – those interested to explore a fascinating aquatic world will want to come here; it houses sharks, rays and other species, as well as 140 species of sea life in the huge suspended tank on the ground floor of the Dubai Mall, the city’s premier shopping center.
- Mall of the Emirates – this is one of the city’s most famous malls with shopping opportunities, eating options, a cinema and some family entertainment areas, like the spectacular (and surreal) Ski Dubai facility inside; the Magic Planet offers rides and games that have never before been found indoors! The complex also houses a studio theatre, the DUCTAC (Dubai Community Theatre & Art Centre).
Of course there are other things to see (museums, souks), to stop at (Dubai Waterfront and Creek) and do (desert safaris to admire the incredible desert landscapes) when going to Dubai.
There are plenty of reasons to visit Dubai, if not this month, in 2016, beginning with the annual Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF); this is a shoppers’ paradise renowned for its amazing deals and promotions. It runs from 1 January to 1 February. For further details about DSF, see visitdubaishoppingfestival.com/.